This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>>Terminated In A Recorrect Sneeky Way<<<

I lost my unemployment claim..My CLAIMS EXAMINER'S DETERMINATION said I was fired over "poor attendance" and i was really fired for tardiness and now I need help with my appeal.
    For the record:
    I had received a write up and got off the hook in the past while the head manager was gone on leave to third shift. When third shift was over and the head manager came back to second shift.. He found out and was like WTF. Jaheam was suppose to be fired.One day The Head Manager was like jaheam Im going to need you start punch in on time no one or three minute late punch ins. Im thinkin WTF. No one is Mr.Perfect.How can you do me like this?, How come the assistant manager did not do me like this while you were gone?,Why is this happenin when you come back??And I work late when asked, volunteer to come in extra days C'mon now are you serious.. To make A long story short I was on a Mission that was Impossible.
    Does Any one have any tips on how to win my appeal??
    Feel free to Ask queastions or comment..
    Last edited by JaHeam404; 02-22-2010, 08:23 PM.

Tardiness could certainly be considered "poor attendance" & a reason for termination.

During your appeal the best thing you can do is just tell the truth.

You really should have furnished the name of your state to have this info in your thread.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Being on time is a critical part of acceptable attendance. It sounds like you had been warned/counseled on this issue before. Nobody is "Mr. Perfect' but millions of workers manage to get to work on time every day. I would not be optimistic that your appeal will be successful.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Tardiness is a subset of poor attendance. I've had employees turned down for unemployment benefits on that basis when I didn't even contest. I would not be optimistic about prevailing on appeal.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
          Being on time is a critical part of acceptable attendance. It sounds like you had been warned/counseled on this issue before. Nobody is "Mr. Perfect' but millions of workers manage to get to work on time every day. I would not be optimistic that your appeal will be successful.
          True to the fact I have been counseled and millions of workers manage to get to work on time everyday. But what about those long days of workn overtime and the large build up of fatigue and stress, and weather conditions that has the freeway speed limit slowed down to half of what it's posted limit? Cause these are just a couple of real things that did happen to me that caused me to be a few minutes late or tardy some days. And anybody can agree with that cause stuff happens sometimes. I want to also say I did not call in or miss any days or call in and say im going to be a hour late cause "whatever-whatever" happened. And Its also strange how my clock in time became a life or death situation after my head manager came back to my shift and found out that I did not get a write up about a situation that happened while he was on a leave of absence. I feel like the victim and not the suspect.

Comment

However, none of this changes that you had "poor attendance." You will just have to tell the truth during the appeal (tell your side of the story) - we don't know what the decision might/will be.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

But what about those long days of workn overtime and the large build up of fatigue and stress, and weather conditions that has the freeway speed limit slowed down to half of what it's posted limit? Cause these are just a couple of real things that did happen to me that caused me to be a few minutes late or tardy some days.

I doubt you were fired and denied UC benefits because you were late to work a couple of times. Rather, I expect you were fired and denied benefits because you were chronically late to work.

Comment

I believe the OP was late more than a couple of times - OP just said those were a couple of reasons why they were late. I don't believe OP is saying those were the only times.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth3 View Post
                  But what about those long days of workn overtime and the large build up of fatigue and stress, and weather conditions that has the freeway speed limit slowed down to half of what it's posted limit? Cause these are just a couple of real things that did happen to me that caused me to be a few minutes late or tardy some days.

I doubt you were fired and denied UC benefits because you were late to work a couple of times. Rather, I expect you were fired and denied benefits because you were chronically late to work.
                  I appreceiate the incentive .... I will keep it in mind..

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                    However, none of this changes that you had "poor attendance." You will just have to tell the truth during the appeal (tell your side of the story) - we don't know what the decision might/will be.
                    oK.. I Will.. ThanX.

Comment

I suppose most here have never been tardy 3 times to work Even by a couple of minutes. I wonder what jobs posters here hold that allows them to be on the internet all day? Being a mod here is not a PAID position, so who are your employers, they seem quite flexible, if the know that this is what their employees are up to all day ( just scratching my head) Wondering if they work for the EEOC ?

Comment

Originally posted by LH42 View Post
                        I suppose most here have never been tardy 3 times to work Even by a couple of minutes. I wonder what jobs posters here hold that allows them to be on the internet all day? Being a mod here is not a PAID position, so who are your employers, they seem quite flexible, if the know that this is what their employees are up to all day ( just scratching my head) Wondering if they work for the EEOC ?
                        LH42 - kindly keep your posts on point and obey the basic rules of courtesy. The moderators are not alone in wanting to keep the board accurate and respectful. Thank you.
                        Last edited by Henbob; 02-26-2010, 03:28 PM.
                        Don't feed the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Henbob View Post
                          LH42 - kindly keep your posts on point and obey the basic rules of courtesy. The moderators are not alone in wanting to keep the board accurate and respectful. Thank you.

Okie dokie Bob, And you do the same please, seems your post was as off topic as mine, eh.

Comment

Originally posted by LH42 View Post
                            Why would working for the EEOC have any bearing on arriving to work on time or late?

Poor attendance is just that, regardless of working late. Leaving early is just as bad.
                            Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Working...
                            X