This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Downsized" for fighting disrespectful charge in Virginia

I respect the basic opinions but now understand that figures of speech like "I grabbed the guy" are completely lost on the legal world. Nobody was physically grabbed - any more than "Fired" means I was stuffed into a cannon.

I'll also shorten the post.

Nevermind.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Booted; 03-12-2009, 04:55 AM. Reason: Too long and boring.

Your post was WAY too long and, though I admit I merely skimmed it, most of the information in it was irrelevant.

You "grabbed" the guy. The employer doesn't care whether you thought you were "justified" or not. I would have fired you too. They're being nice calling it a "downsizing" which, if that's the reason they report to the UI agency when they get the notice that you have filed for benefits, will likely allow your claim to be approved.

You brought things to upper management's attention and they chose, for whatever reason, not to do anything. That is no justification for phsyical assault. None. You probably would be happier somewhere else, as you were obviously miserable there. And the employer is probably going to be happier having you somewhere else.

I see absolutely no wrongful termination here under the law. An uncomfortable working environment is not illegal. The owners ignoring your "suggestions" is not illegal. The employee in question "berating" you is not illegal. Giving preferential treatment to your nemesis because he is dating the owner's daughter is not illegal. Need I go on?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Agree, no illegal/wrongful "termination" here. Based on your post, I can see why they let you go. (you grabbed the guy!) I don't see where anything illegal was done re your termination - no law was broken.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X