This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressure to perform unethical duties - MI

I am a legal assistant with a small bankruptcy firm in michigan. Part of my job is to bill our clients for services rendered. My boss, and the owner of the company, is a very greedy individual, even though he is the sole owner of a six figure operation and is a very rich man. I am under constant pressure to make more money for the company - basically by overbilling our clients and billing them for services we did not perform. He routinely makes notes in files that he did something that I know he didn't do, and he has even told me to "embellish" my billings, and to "find the work." In other words, to make it up. He routinely gouges our clients, who are already in precarious financial situations - as I stated, it is a bankruptcy firm. I just can't do it anymore. I am very uncomfortable with this entire situation, and have been for some time. I plan to hand in my resignation in a couple of weeks. I do not have another job yet - it's just that bad that I am resigning before I have found another job. I want to file for unemployment. Will I be able to collect it? If my boss contests it, what will I have to provide in terms of proof of what is going on?

Thanks for your comments.
    Last edited by maxie; 09-29-2005, 12:16 PM. Reason: to clarify

Duplicate post
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X