This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injured employee

I work in Texas, My district manager, assulted me - kicked me in the back of the left leg with a steel toe boot because i got his clean shirt dirty by touching him. I told his supervisor but come to find out he is best friends with the district manager. He came down from houston and threatened me with with my job. Because i had talked to some employee's about it and because my wife had talked to a lawyer about the injury. I have filed charges with local sheriff's department. But the injury has gotten worse it has turned into a busted blood vessel. I turned it in to workers comp but the my employer stated that got the injury horesplaying etc however that is not true. I have a taped recording of his supervisor yelling and cussing us out and threatening us with our jobs.

What can i do to get the ins company to except this what can i do to the employer? Can i do anything to the employer? They told me that if i wanted to get a lawyer to go ahead and sue that they have enuff money and time to acomadte me.

Please help me some one!

Are you saying the employer has refused to file an injury report with their Worker's Compensation carrier? Or are you saying that they have and the WC carrier has denied liability for your claim? (YOU can't "turn a claim into worker's comp" - your employer has to file a First Report of Injury with the carrier.)

P.S. I have a taped recording of his supervisor yelling and cussing us out and threatening us with our jobs. That's evidence that your supervisor is a jerk, not that he kicked you.

Comment

regarding reply to beth

i have him on tape admitting to him kicking me! and threatening me that if i spoke of him about this i would be fired

Comment

Okay, but you still haven't answered my questions.

Comment

ok beth here it is

Originally posted by Beth3
          Okay, but you still haven't answered my questions.
          they refuse to file a claim with the ins carrier becasue it would show that hey was in the wrong i suppose. I filed a calim with workers comp. They contacted the ins carrier. they did there little investagation and they state that there was horse play and that i was at fault. however there was no hourse play! I touched him on arm to get his attn, to let him know about some tickets and i got his shirt dirty and he kicked me for it!

Comment

If the WC insurance carrier has denied your claim, you may file for a hearing with your State's Worker's Compensation Division. Worker's Comp can be complicated so you'll find things much easier if you consult with a Worker's Compensation attorney before proceeding.

Comment

Working...
            X