Old injury Pennsylvania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old injury Pennsylvania

Two years ago I tore a ligament in my knee while on the job (a part time job.) My employer sent me to there doctor and they recommended PT and gave surgery as an option. I opted for PT with the understanding that the PT might not work and I may need surgery in the future. Eighteen months was what the doctor said. Three months ago I approached my employer and stated that the knee needed surgery. It was giving out and getting sprained while performing duties at my full time job. Currently my part time employer is denying the claim. The stated that they considered it healed and that the case was closed. The ligament is still in two pieces. Is my part time employer responsible for the surgery for the initial injury? Keep in mind that my part time employer's doctor has stated that the sprains I suffered are directly related to the initial injury.

Was this filed as a WC claim? If so, your employer would not be the ones to directly approve or deny care. You would reopen the claim with the WC carrier.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The issue is the carrier. They are not allowing me to re-open the claim. They claim the injury is healed and they will not provide further treatment. Obviously, I disagree.

Comment

Is there a procedure to appeal? or - Maybe talk to a workers comp. attorney.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

As per Betty 3 ..address your concerns to a PA based WC attorney.

My suggestion...don't talk or write to carrier lest you use words that may be twisted against you .

Beyond me, I just know there is a wrinkle ....the reoccurrence of an old injury may be different than an aggregation of an old injury ..and one might not be covered and the other might be covered ....I just know enough to suggest you dig deeper with a skilled resource ..not one who stands to benefit by denial .

Comment

Then you file issues with the Commission to reopen the claim. If it was sprained while at the other employer, treatment for the sprain would fall under that employer's insurance.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
            X