This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merit increase bonus Arizona

At my work I was an instructor at my work making $13.22 an hour until our project was placed on hold got placed down to representative at the max for the position at $12.50 when my review came around they were supposed to pay out my raise as a one time bonus. Now they are saying that because I was placed at $12.50 and made $9.72 before I became an instructor that my merit increase would have fallen into my pay at the rep max when I signed my demotion paperwork it did not state this I think they are simply trying to get out of paying me the $582.00 am I right and have any ground to stand on? Thank you in advance for your help

I don't know if you're right or not. But even if you are, unless you have a legally binding and enforceable contract that guarantees you a bonus or an increase over and above the higher rate, the employer is not legally obligated to provide either. Neither increases nor bonuses are required by law.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X