I.M.E Pennsylvania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.M.E Pennsylvania

Work Comp is sending me for an I.M.E. But this doctor who I have to see..who is 60 miles away..is also on Employers panel to go to if you get hurt at work. That don't sound very IMEish to me. Can I request another doc? And also one closer...instead of a 120 mile round trip? In my opinion this is absolutely unnecessary.
    Also this doctor has an office about 12 miles from where I live...but they wont send me to that office.
    Last edited by rear-ended; 02-21-2013, 06:42 AM.

The WC realm is small and the number of doctors who take WC is even smaller. Even more miniscule are the number who are qualified to perform an IME. As long as this doctor has not ever treated you nor is employed directly by your employer (as in he is on their payroll- just being on a list of approved doctors doesn't count) it is legal. You can request to be seen at the office which is closer but it may be that the doctor does not have the equipment or available appointments at the closer office. Sending someone an hour away for an IME is sometimes necessary. Reference the small number who can perform these exams as the reason. You should be eligible for mileage reimbursement to and from the appointment.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Typing from samsumg galaxy 3 n driving cant say ehat I want except another THANKS. Elle. And if anyone is looking to upgrade thrir phones BUY A SAMSUNG GALAXY 3. Not the IPhonr....but seriously thank u agsin Elle..saved me from flipping out at HR.

Comment

rear-ended - please be careful texting while driving (you really shouldn't). I "think" that is what you said you were doing. We don't want anything else to happen to you.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Lolololol....yes I was texting but was parked waiting for client to finish up Betty.. you are absolutely correct. And these ins companyd should do more to peoplr who are texting n driving. ...its bad and getting worse with modern technology at are fingertips. EVERYONE is on the phone while in cars. That is one thing I dont do...it only takes a split second for something bad to happen..have a good night Betty

Comment

Ok, just wanted to keep you safe.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
            X