Re-Opening a WC Claim from Texas Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Opening a WC Claim from Texas Georgia

I incurred an on the job injury in approximately 2003. I was treated by a local physician and returned to work the same night. I did not lose any time or wages. However, the injury has been flaring up again and when it does it makes it nearly impossible to do anything with the arm that was injured. Is there any way I could re-open this claim or are there better avenues I could pursue in getting this treated?

I am prepared for some difficulty in dealing with this as the injury occurred in Texas but I currently reside in Georgia.

Thank you in advance to everyone who responds.

It would be extremely hard to prove that an injury that happened over 3,000 days ago, that you did not lose work over, is the cause of your current problem.

I do understand, as I have an injury that happened 1,000 days ago that has been flaring up. There is no way to prove that I did not cause it by anything I did on my free time. It is called getting old. It happens sooner for some than others.

Comment

I agree, GotSmart. 2003 was quite some time ago & seems no problems again until currently. It will most likely be very hard to prove that work is now causing the add'l. problems.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by rmtuggle View Post
        I incurred an on the job injury in approximately 2003. I was treated by a local physician and returned to work the same night. I did not lose any time or wages. However, the injury has been flaring up again and when it does it makes it nearly impossible to do anything with the arm that was injured. Is there any way I could re-open this claim or are there better avenues I could pursue in getting this treated?

I am prepared for some difficulty in dealing with this as the injury occurred in Texas but I currently reside in Georgia.Thank you in advance to everyone who responds.
        As you have relocated, and presumably are working for a new employer... file a claim with this ER.... aggreviation to a prior injury/pre existing condition would be a new claim.
        IMHO... agree with the others here, it's too late to reopen the prior claim...and that ER/IC has no liability now as you have returned to work elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
        X