can anything be done about this? Pennsylvania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anything be done about this? Pennsylvania

Can anything be done to a work comp insurance company that calls a chiropractor office 21 times in one day? And I am NOT joking about this. I hurt my neck again real bad, and went to the stupid company doctor, and after a bunch of bs, it was filed under work comp. The chiropractor I was seeing about a year and half ago called me and wanted to know what was going on. Then told me he was there if I needed him for anything. Well I called today to make an appointment and his office manager told me that the work comp insurance company called there 21 times on Monday. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THIS????? I think this is a little overboard. Like on the harrasement line.

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by rear-ended View Post
    Can anything be done to a work comp insurance company that calls a chiropractor office 21 times in one day? And I am NOT joking about this. I hurt my neck again real bad, and went to the stupid company doctor, and after a bunch of bs, it was filed under work comp. The chiropractor I was seeing about a year and half ago called me and wanted to know what was going on. Then told me he was there if I needed him for anything. Well I called today to make an appointment and his office manager told me that the work comp insurance company called there 21 times on Monday. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT THIS????? I think this is a little overboard. Like on the harrasement line.
    Did the office manager tell you WHY they were called twenty one times? Did you ask?
    I don't know about harassment, it sound more like incompetence on someones part.

.._______________
    ~ Free advice is like a public defender,
    you get what you pay for. ~ drr

Comment

yea, they were looking for medical records that they already had. chiro office cannot send them what they dont have. n u r right they are incompentent, they need to find something more important to do like authorize medical care instead of trying to save money. so now does it become harrasement?

Comment

"Harrasement" implies intent. Can you prove intent?
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Actually, while you may be interested in this, it's not your business how many times a CA contacts a provider... 'you' are not being harrassed, you have no basis to bring any charges or action against the carrier representative.
          Let your chiro office deal with em... you have no say in this one. Nothing you can do about it.

Comment

Why are you even getting involved in this? It has nothing to do with you and it is highly unprofessional or your chiropractor to even bring it up to you. Prior medical records are a HUGE deal in a WC claim and the IC is entitled to those. I have no idea why this required 21 calls but neither do you and there is no need for you to get involved.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Daw, I cant prove it, but, im sure the chiro office could, IF THEY WANTED TO, but he is too much of a professional to even bother with the low lifes.

Elle and CAIW, both of you give EXCELLENT advice on here, and I appreciate ALL the help I have gotten from the two of you over the years. BUT, i just have to disagree a bit on this. If you were a patient and you really TRUSTED your doctor,(even though he is a chiro) and in the comp system, wouldnt it bother you if they were being harrased over something that they have no control over. The office gave them what they had, I have not been in to see him in almost 2 yrs cause of the operations, and the ins people know that. They have them records from the surgerys, yet they are bugging the chiro office for something they know they dont have.

I know my chiropractor wont let this bother him, but it bothers me. He is a professional who knows what he is doing, and his office staff is too busy to be dealing with people like the ins company. They gave them all they could, you cant give them what you dont have. I just wonder what other docs they did the same thing too. And once again, I appreciate the advice. I am gonna TRY not to let it bother me, but IT JUST DOES.

Comment

No matter how much you like your chiro (and I adore mine), his staff's issues with your insurance company are not your concern and it is highly unprofessional for them to bring it up to you. It can annoy you, but there is simply no remedy you can provide. If the chiro wants to take issue with the business practices of the IC, they are the ones who need to escalate the matter. You as the patient, can not. Right now you have at best second hand information from one party which you have no ability to solve, report or control. For all you know the "21" is an exaggeration or there is a lot more to the story than you are getting. The office staff might just be venting or annoyed or mistaken or flat out uncooperative. The point is that you have only two options; be annoyed and move on, or just move on. After all you have been through the past few years, I'd pick a few other battles over this one.
                I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

the "voice of reason" once again comes thru. PLEASE take this as a compliment Elle. I know there is nothing i can do about the calls. And found out I cant go see him anyways for another 62 days, after that 90 day wait period of work comp. He is the only person I trust with my neck. Will have to take them in some of the best ribs you can eat, the ones i make, so next time they deal with the jerks, they can at least be enjoying some great bbq ribs. lolol. gonna quit my job and open up a bbq rib truck and travel the USA!! and like i said before, i DO APPRECIATE your answers. if i ever open up my own company, i need employees like you, and a few other people on here. BUT DONT GET HURT AT WORK!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X