WC settlement question North Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC settlement question North Carolina

I am at the settlement stage and I had crushed my foot with a forklift over two yrs ago, my lawyer said a clincher I the best way to go due to my disability rating. I have been told by quiet a few that a clincher is better for the company because it releases them of future liability, I am in an elected union position an my lawyer said the adjuster is talking to the company now to see if I sign a clincher if I can keep my job??? My lawyer had not been good at communicating at all because I have explained over and over if I don't get elected I have to go back to my other job, this doesn't bother me but the company is definitely going to agree because in their minds my job is a union rep. And if I sign a clincher and don't get elected I am out of a job, please explain why a clincher makes me walk away from my job.

please explain why a clincher makes me walk away from my job. .
    Not unusual for the employer to want a voluntary resignation in a clincher... you are taking a cash lump sum including money for future medical care for this injury to resolve the claim.
    As such, you also expose the ER and IC for further liability in the event you reinjure the same body part.

And, ER's have a tendency to dislike IW's who return to work post cash settlement telling other employees how much they settled the claim for. Even with a nondisclosure agreement inserted, somehow word spreads.

Comment

Working...
    X