how long for a decision on a petiton? Pennsylvania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long for a decision on a petiton? Pennsylvania

Dont want to ask the lawyer, cause I dont want them to think I am being impatient, so can someone answer this question.

My lawyer filed a couple petitions long time ago, one was for a scar award. That one was filed, I believe, back in August of 2011. Can someone tell me when there maybe an outcome on it? Every time I bring up the subject with the lawyer it never gets answered. The judge already seen the scars, and so did the opposing lawyer. Is this something that has to go through a hundred and one channels to get an answer, or is it a simple solution?

Also, do work comp judges get mad when hearings keep getting postponed by either my lawyer or the opposing lawyer? Is there a limit on how many hearings can be postponed? There are other issues with this going on, but, nothing seems to be happening. It is no further along now, then it was a year and half ago when I had to get the lawyer. And w/c is only paying 34% of everythng, (another petition filed on that also), is there time limits on this stuff, or can they just keep screwing around and delaying things? And yes I do know, my case is not the only case the judge and the lawyers have to handle. but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for any help!

Dont want to ask the lawyer, cause I dont want them to think I am being impatient,
    You need to follow up with your atty...he has the file, he filed the petitions, and that's what you are paying a fee for. No one here is that familiar (even with all your posts) with your claim, or the specific issues.
    Also, do work comp judges get mad when hearings keep getting postponed by either my lawyer or the opposing lawyer? Is there a limit on how many hearings can be postponed?

And w/c is only paying 34% of everythng, (another petition filed on that also), is there time limits on this stuff, or can they just keep screwing around and delaying things?
    Judges handle disputed issues as they arise...either side can petition to delay, or take off calendar. Judge doesn't generally care one way or the other... WC encourages informal settlement of disputed issues.
    And yes I do know, my case is not the only case the judge and the lawyers have to handle. but,,,,,,,,,,
    Ahhh... so you are in fact somewhat impatient...
    Well... the info here is free, never legal, and about worth what you are paying for it.

Comment

I'm not sure where you are in the process but at some point you were trying to settle your claims full and final which involves a Meiicare Set aside. If that is still the case, count on it taking some time. Years is not out of the question. If it happens within a year of first filing the paperwork, count it a miracle.

Yes, the more times you postpone hearings, the more annoyed the other attorney and hearing offcers are going to be. I wuld not do so unless there was absolutely no way you could make the date assigned. It isn't so much that it maters to them personally but it does call into question how urgent your case is if it has been postponed 85 times.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X