This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wc hearing pto

If you are required to attend a work comp hearing, can your employer pick and choose when they feel like taking your vac hrs to pay you. First hearing I went to I was negative about 50hrs (we accrue vac hrs every pay), and the latest one, I am only negative 2hrs. First one they didnt take any vac hrs, but this last one, they are paying me 8hr vac pay for that day. Dont want to use vac hrs for this. Can they do this? And I am working so TTD does not factor in.

The only state that requires the ER to pay for IW"s to attend medically necessary appts is Connecticut.

Your ER would also not be requried to pay you to attend any hearing necessary to litigate your claim. How/if your ER does use vacation time/PTO is between you and the ER, or subject to their internal policies regarding your time loss.
    (Or other state/federal statutes)

Comment

This is totally up to the employer. Zero states specify when and how an employer must grant time off for a WC hearing. I'd be glad you didn't have to use your own leave last time (though it doesn't sound like you had any to use).
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X