This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDD notice of determination help in California

Notice of determination (EDD) under the state of California.
    Please help me, i am scared and i do not know what to do.

After reading this letter, please let me know what should i do step by step. Thanks.

Notice of Determination:

Your are not eligible to receive benefits under California unemployment insurance code section 1257b beginning xx/xx/xx and ending xx/xx/xx (8weeks)

You refused work with the *NAME OF THE STAFFING COMPANY* because you did not think you could arrange transportation to the Job. The information available to the department shows the work was suitable. Your reasons for refusal do not meet the legal requirements for the payment of benefits. Section 1257b provides- An individual is disqualified if he refuses, without good cause, to accept suitable employment or a refferral to a job by the department. Section 1260b provides- an individual disqualified under section 1257b is ineligible for benefits from 2to10 weks beginning with the week in which the cause of the disqualification occurs if registered for the work or the week subsequent to the occurrence of the cause in which first registered for work. You should report to the department by Friday immediately following the ending date of this disqualification to ropen claim unless you are still subject to a disqualification under another section of the UI code.

You are not eligible to receive benefits under California Unemployment Insurance code section 1257A Beginning 06/05/11 until you have filed a claim for each of 05 weeks in which you are otherwise eligible for benefits.

You gave the department incorrect information, or witheld information, concerning an offer of work. After considering available information, the department finds that you do not meet the legal requirements for payment of benefits. Section 1257A provides- an individual is disqualified if he willfully makes a false statement or withholds relevant information to obtain benefits. Section 1260D provides- An individual disqualified under section 1257A is ineligible for benefits from 5to15 weeks if benefits were paid as a result of the misstatement or omission. He or she must submit continued claim form to the field office to cover each week and meet all eligibility requirements. No benefits are payable for three years from the original effective date of this disqualification unless it is satisfied at an earlier date and you are otherwise eligible. The repayment of any overpayment does not remove the disqualification.

You are not eligible to receive benefits under California Unemployment Insurance code section 1253C beginning 02/27/11 and ending when the disqualifying conditions no longer exist and you contact the above office to reopen your claim.

You have no transportation. Section 1253C provides- An individual is eligible for benefits in a week only if the department finds he was able to work and available for work.

You are not eligible to receive benefits under California Unemployment insurance code section 1257A beginnning 06/05/11 until you have filed a claim for each of 15weeks in which you are otherwise eligible for benefits.

You gave the department incorrect information, or withheld information, concerning availability for work. After considering available information, the department finds you that you do not meet the legal requirements for payment of benefits. Section 1257A provides- an individual is disqualified if he willfully makes a false statement or withholds relevant information to obtain benefits. Section 1260D provides- an individual disqualified under section 1257A is ineligible for benefits from 5to15 weeks if benefits were paid as a result of the misstatement or omission. He or she must submit continued claim form to the field office to cover each week and meet all eligibility requirements. No benefits are payable for three years from the original effective date of this disqualification unless it is satisfied at an earlier date and you are otherwise eligible. The repayment of any overpayment does not remove the disqualification.

-__________________________________________________ ________________-

And then attached to the mail was an appeal form..

can anyone tell me what to do? any advice?? about job that i refused, It was a phone call monday if i remember well. And i am receiving my unemployment form every saturday.. I totally forgot about that phone call since it was only on a staffing agency. i know it is my fault but i really didnt mean to hide it from them... I do have a means of transportation btw. I just told the staffing agency because the job that they are giving me is too far from my home. And my family right now only have 1 car..

What are the steps that i need to do?

Thanks guys.

You can go ahead & appeal - it never hurts to appeal. Just tell them the truth
    regarding your situation.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Do i need to appear on a court after i file an appeal? And do u think i am going to have a criminal record since they are thinking i made a fraudulent?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I already answered this on the other board. No and no.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X