This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury after clocking out - Arizona

I have an employee that did not come into work yesterday morning, saying she was absent because she hurt herself in our parking lot on her way to her car after work. I know different states have different laws and that in some, this would constitute a workers comp claim, but I don't think that is the case in Arizona. Can you confirm?

Truthfully, I can't. But I would submit it as a claim to your workers comp carrier anyway. Let THEM be the bad guys - don't give her any opportunity to claim that you're not taking her position seriously.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I may have to do that. The employee actually hasn't tried to report it as a workers comp claim, we just learned indirectly that the reason she wasn't here was that she had hurt herself. Maybe I should wait another day (holiday today) and call our carrier to inquire before proceeding? I have several days to file, so it shouldn't hurt to drag my feet one more day just to get a solid answer. Thanks for the comment, cbg.

Comment

Working...
      X