Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denied workers comp with labral tears even before my IME that is scheduled. Oregon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied workers comp with labral tears even before my IME that is scheduled. Oregon

( My MRI is below )
    Insurance denied my workers compensation benefits for my shoulder injury even before my IME appointment. How ????
    I am a 46 year old male in Oregon and never had shoulder problem before injury.
    My lawyer has requested a hearing.

I am told degeneration in shoulder is not uncommon for people over 40 and MRI also shows tears are likely.

Findings:

1. There are multiple subcortical erosions involving the glenoid fossa. The marrow signal within the remainder of the visualized bones appears to be normal.

2. There are mild degenerative changes of the acromioclavicular join, which results in mild impingement on the supraspinatus tendon.

3. There is mild diffuse thickening and increased signal within the supraspinatus tendon, and this appearance is consistent with mild diffuse tendon degeneration or tendinosis. There is no focal region of marked abnormal signal within the tendon to suggest a tendon tear.

4. The infraspinatus, teres minor, and subscapularis muscles and tendons all appear to be within normal limits without evidence for tears.

5. Gadolinium contrast has been injected into the glenohumeral joint and the joint space is well opacified and distended.There is abnormal signal and contrast extravasation into the posterior and superior glenoid labrum with the appearance highly suspicious for a labral tear in these areas.The remainder of the glenoid labrum and glenohumeral joint capsule is otherwise unremarkable.

6. The biceps tendon appears to be normal.

IMPRESSION:

1. THERE IS TENDINOSIS OR DEGENERATION INVOLVING THE SUPRASPINATUS TENDON, BUT NO EVIDENCE OF A ROTATOR CUFF TEAR IS NOTED.

2. THERE IS ABNORMAL SIGNAL AND CONTRAST EXTRAVASATION INTO THE POSTERIOR AND SUPERIOR GLENOID LABRUM WITH THE APPEARANCE CONSISTENT WITH A LABRAL TEAR IN THESE AREAS.

3. THERE ARE DEGENERATIVE CHANGES OF THE GLENOHUMERAL JOINT WITH SUBCHONDRAL EROSIONS WITHIN THE GLENOID FOSSA.
    Last edited by OREGON46; 02-04-2011, 12:11 AM.
Working...
X