This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smashed @ work Arkansas

Hi, Im in over my head. I got smashed by 2 18 wheelers at work. broke my pelvis in 4 places. I also broke my hip. I made over $100000 a yr. now im down to $60000. I will never be 100% what does anybody think im looking at. any help is help thanks

A good lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by boodog View Post
      Hi, Im in over my head. I got smashed by 2 18 wheelers at work. broke my pelvis in 4 places. I also broke my hip. I made over $100000 a yr. now im down to $60000. I will never be 100% what does anybody think im looking at. any help is help thanks
      ya. I know im just nurvis a/b them to

Comment

It is hard to read what you are writing. I think it is text, but everyone I know uses full words and punctuation.

When hiring a lawyer, ask people. Do not rely on flashy advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by GotSmart View Post
          It is hard to read what you are writing. I think it is text, but everyone I know uses full words and punctuation.

When hiring a lawyer, ask people. Do not rely on flashy advertising.
          OP you won't find a great deal of success using the text talk here. I know it is probably something you're used to, and it may be easier, but it is hard to read.
          Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

I think the bottom line is though the OP needs a lawyer.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by boodog View Post
              Looks like you are asking about what benefits you may be eligible for...
              What type of benefits can you get?
              Medical Benefits
              Workers’ Compensation insurance pays for all reasonably necessary medical care related to your on-the-job injury or illness including:
              visits to an approved health care provider
              surgery
              hospital care
              physical therapy
              prescription drugs
              braces and crutches
              other medical supplies when ordered by your approved physician
              Besides medical care, you are entitled to wage loss benefits, up to the min/max rates in effect. Generally, TD is paid at 2/3 of your AWW/Average Weekly Wage. That's why you are going from 100K per year to the 60K. Those benefits are not taxable.
              I will never be 100% what does anybody think im looking at
              Once your Dr has determined your condition is stable, MMI/Max Med Improvement has been reached, you'll be rated for impairment/partial disability according to the rules.
              The benefits are limited, and predetermined.
              11-9-522. Compensation for disability -- Unscheduled permanent partial disability.

(a) A permanent partial disability not scheduled in 11-9-521 shall be apportioned to the body as a whole, which shall have a value of four hundred fifty (450) weeks, and there shall be paid compensation to the injured employee for the proportionate loss of use of the body as a whole resulting from the injury.http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/arcode/Default.asp
              Depending on the facts surrounding your PD rating... you take 450 weeks, X your weekly rate, X the % of PD. That would give you an estimate of indemnity benefits due. You can petition for a lump sum of indemnity due.
              There is no money in WC for pain/suffering, lost wages or punitive damages.

If you are rated 100% Total Disabled, the weekly benefits generally are paid as long as disability is certified. PTD/Permenant Total Disability is defined, and the rules are here 11-9-519. Compensation for disability -- Total disability. http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/arcode/Default.asp

As to what your looking at... WC is about paying benefits, not lump sum cash settlements.
              If you are offered a cash payment to close the claim, you are also agreeing to accept all future liability for any medical care to your injury. You can't use your own health plan, or Medicare to pay for treatment to your back/injured body parts.

The advice here to seek legal counsel is the best yet. As you can see from the statutes/rules/regs here http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/arcode/Default.asp, Workers Compensation system is not generally a "DIY" project.
              The Arkansas WC commission does have legal counsel for IW', you could start there.
              State of Arkansas
              Workers' Compensation Commission
              324 Spring Street
              P.O. Box 950
              Little Rock, Arkansas 72203-0950
              Telephone 1-501-682-3930 / 1-800-622-4472
              Legal Advisor Direct 1-800-250-2511
              Arkansas Relay System TDD 1-800-285-1131
              Also, if you think your injuries will prevent you from working for at least 12 months you should make application for SSDI/Social Security Disability Ins benefits now. Waiting would only cause a reduction in any benefits you may be eligible for.
              More on SSA is here www.ssa.gov

You didn't say how this injury occured...but if there is a 3rd party liability here, you definately should be seeking legal counsel. There are additional monies available in a 3rd party/Personal Injury claim.
              Last edited by CAIW; 02-01-2011, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X