X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick and Vacation Pay / Workers Comp Washington

Hello,

Is Sick and/or Vacation Pay exempt from Workers Comp?

Thanks

What are you meaning by "exempt"? Are you talking about calculating the lost wages for benefits?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response ... let me try to be more clear.

? When calculating payroll for my employee, do I take Workers Comp out of their Sick or Vacation pay?

Comment

I would take a hard look in that publication I cited in your other question. The answer should be in there.

I can say that:
        - WA is not my state and I do not know for sure their rule.
        - But if I was to guess, my guess would be that vacation/sick pay is indeed counted as WA-WC wages (it is in most other states).
        Last edited by DAW; 01-02-2011, 08:02 PM.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Thank you!!! Your great

Comment

Originally posted by 4abacus View Post
            Hi,

Thanks for your quick response ... let me try to be more clear.

? When calculating payroll for my employee, do I take Workers Comp out of their Sick or Vacation pay?
            You make deductions, as required by law, either state/WA or federal, on any and all 'wages' paid. That includes PTO/sick time, vacation, etc. All wages.

If you were calculating for wage loss benefits, IE. TTD/PPD indemnity, PTO/sick time/vacation would not be contribution to calculating AWW/average weekly wages on a seperate basis, these are already included in the EE's hourly/weekly/monthly/yearly compensation package.

Information on WC in WA State is here http://www.lni.wa.gov/IPUB/242-104-000.pdf

Comment

Working...
            X