No announcement yet.

Worker's Comp requirements in Minnesota

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worker's Comp requirements in Minnesota

I've just started my own LLC in Minnesota, will likely remain a single member entity with no employees for the near future. My business is in residential remodeling, I'm a general contractor. Am I required to carry worker's comp insurance if I do not have employees?

You probably want to start with this site.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Verify this with the local industrial commission, but in my state, which is not yours, there is no requirement for a company owner to carry W/C insurance for the owner of the company.
      Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.