X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• settlements and resignations? Pennsylvania

Back with another question.

first, what happened to this board? It is different. but as long as it is still here, that is all that matters.

next:.....do all work comp settlements ALWAYS come with a resignation? i want out of the system, hr found me a 40hr wk job i can do.

thanks as always.

I'll answer the first question for you. There was an upgrade to the site, which has reduced the amount of spam significantly.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Mine didn't.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

next:.....do all work comp settlements ALWAYS come with a resignation? i want out of the system, hr found me a 40hr wk job i can do.
        As a rule... there is no ''always'' in WC. Voluntary resignations occur where there is a C&R/lump sum payment made for your consideration to drop your claim. The premise being your ER doesn't want you running around telling other EE's how much money you 'screwed' them out of. Also, once you cash out your claim, your ER is still open to additional injury/claims. It may be the WC carrier asking for your resignation. As this would be ''voluntary'', your eligibility to UI benefits may be affected as well.

Out of the system...(?). Why, you are in no jeopardy. The indemnity due is paid based on your PPD rating. The eligibility for further medical treatment is open based on necessity.
        IF you were to cash out the claim/medical, you would be agreeing to pay for any additional care out of your pocket. Not a rosy picture for most IW's. You'd pay usual and customary fees for treatment, you/we are not entitled to the contracted or even Medicare approved fee schedule.

Think very, very carefully about cashing out a comp claim. There are more ramifications possible than working within the comp system/rules.

Comment

Working...
        X