X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused with determination letter Georgia

Thank You in advance for your help!.
    I filled at the Georgia Department of Labor, due to the separation of my job. I received a Determination letter within 5 days, stating how much my weekly benefit amount would be and for how long, and when it will expire. I went to certify for the week and the status said " Was not paid, Contact your career center" which I did. Is this determination letter saying i eligible and approved and I just waiting on payment.. I was also told that I have to wait till my employer contact GDOL saying I eligible.. Very confused on the purpose of the Determination letter...
    Thanks again
    Last edited by TKYN2010; 06-03-2010, 03:29 PM.

The determination letter you got was a financial eligibility determination only. The employer does have a certain amount of time to answer the notice that you have filed, and protest if they choose to.

Did you get the required Separation Notice from the employer when you left?

Even a clean claim in most states, it will take about 3-4 weeks to receive your first check. Did the system not let you certify for the week(s) at all? Or did it take your certification and you just haven't been paid yet? What was your last day worked.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thank You for your prompt reply.
      I did receive a Separation Notice from my employer. I gave that to GDOL at the time I claimed. My last day 5/11/2010 and I filed on 5/24/2010 and certified this past monday (5/31/2010) It let me certify and just said was not paid contact career center... The rep at GDOL told me that I would here something after the 9th of June.. You help me better understand what that meant...
      Last edited by TKYN2010; 06-03-2010, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Just for curiosity's sake, why did you wait for 2 weeks to file? Did you receive 2 weeks severance pay or pay in lieu of notice?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I was on FMLA without pay.. I was due to come back , wasnt able to go back for medical reasons. I gave my notice on the 5/11/2010 and I waited till they mailed my separation notice. I didnt receive that untill the 5/21/2010...

Comment

OK, gotcha. Your FMLA was exhausted and you could not medically return, so they let you go, correct? And now you ARE medically released to return to work in your normal profession?

Comment

I am unable to return no time soon.. So It looks like I voluntarily quit, I didn't have a no choice.. Part of the reason I'm panicking about if I get a approved or not.

Comment

You have to be medically able to work in order to receive unemployment. So if you cannot accept a new position (with any company) if one is offered you cannot receive unemployment.

Comment

If the separation notice said you were let go because you had exhausted your FMLA, you can bet the state will question you about your ability to work now.

Comment

Whether you were let go by your employer due to FMLA ending or you quit because you had no choice, you don't get UI benefits unless you are ready, willing & able to work/looking for work.
                    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                    X