Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I responsible for the departmenst increased costs? Please advise. Colorado

I had a serious fall at work.
    I was hurt very badly and have been through the workmans comp process for the last 14 months.
    The company I work for and their workmans comp lawyer finally accepted responsibility and my lawyer is going through the process as I know how much red tape is involved. I am not fixed, far from it and besides the physical damage this has done to my life I am also emotionally feeling battered.
    What I would like to know, if anyone could please advise me is :
    I was told the place where I continue to work is having to foot my medical bills, doctor visits, prescriptions, lawyer fees, etc, and this is the reason the costs are now so high. Is this true? Dosent their workmans comp insurance cover my expenses?

Any advice or opinion is much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by slipnfall; 01-22-2010, 07:53 AM.

Your employer pays WC premiums but the ins. co. pays for your medical bills, etc. (Losses incurred can increase the premium.)
    Last edited by Betty3; 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

So do you think what I have heard my manager say, cost increases because of my "expenses" is true? It just dosent seem plausible. I work for a huge multi-national hotel chain.
      I also didnt have any health insurance when the fall happened.
      Last edited by slipnfall; 01-20-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Maybe slightly indirectly. Premiums are based on losses incurred & expected future loses.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I was told the bar where I continue to work is having to foot my medical bills, doctor visits, prescriptions, lawyer fees, etc, and this is the reason the costs are now so high that they are cutting off happy hour, upping the prices of the drinks, etc.
          Is this true? Dosent their workmans comp insurance cover my expenses?
          The business decisions made at your place of employment, in this case, have nothing to do with your specific work injury.

As you do work for a major hotel chain, go to the HR dept. and ask them to discuss the management style of your supervisor.
          What he is doing could be seen as harrassment for your suffering an work related injury, and filing a claim for WC benefits.

I also didnt have any health insurance when the fall happened.
          That has nothing to do with your injury at work. WC medical benefits are not the same as personal health coverage, and should not be thought of in the same manner. WC covers treatment to your injured body part only.
          I have had several spinal injections and have had other problems arising from this fall.
          If you are on a light duty status per your Dr restrictions, and your ER cannot make the accommodation, or you can't work within those restrictions, go back to your Dr, and request a change in status to TTD/temp total disability. Weekly wage loss benefits would be due.

Comment

Working...
          X