This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I run out of New York UC?- California

Last year I filed and out of state claim in New York which was extended in December. I've been working part-time in California while collecting partial benefits. The job is contract and will be ending soon.

The big question is when do I file for California UC? Do I file the same week I claim my last NYS benefits or do I wait until the following week?

You can find information on the Calif EDD/UI benefits here http://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/Filing_a_Claim.htm
    The big question is when do I file for California UC? Do I file the same week I claim my last NYS benefits or do I wait until the following week?
    You file when your employment ends. Provide all of the information you have about your job, and the benefits you receive from NY.
    EDD will make the determination to your eligibility and issue a decision.
    Notice of Unemployment Insurance Claim Filed, DE 1101CZ
    4.The EDD decides if a claimant is eligible to collect benefits. To make this decision, we conduct telephone interviews with claimants, employers or their representatives and review statements submitted in writing.
    5.After we make a decision, we mail a Notice of Determination or Notice of Determination/Ruling, DE 1080CT to claimants who do not qualify for benefits. We also mail a DE 1080CT to employers who respond in writing and within time limits about a quit, discharge, or other issues that may prevent payment of benefits.

Comment

Working...
    X