This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $25 additional a week for florida

Can someone explain the $25 additional for florida unemployment? When does it begin or what weeks are they counting? I read a post where florida was behind because they have to reset the computer system. Not sure if true.

Sorry, but I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Can you clarify?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Sorry. I saw in the orlando paper, where unemployment in florida is giving an extra $25 a week.

Comment

First I've heard of it, but I'm not in Florida. Let me see what I can find. Anyone from FL who knows the answer, feel free.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Never heard of it, but Florida is not my state.
          http://www.floridajobs.org/unemployment/index.html
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I'm thinking it's part of the stimulus bill as the Iowa Workforce has told our laid off employees they will be getting an additional $25 a week also.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm.

I'm currently unemployed, can I get another $25 a week too?
              I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Looks like you will... I did a quick search and although I can't find a government link here is one that I did find:

http://www.workforce.com/section/00/...e/26/13/29.php

Comment

Nothing on my state UC site yet, but having a Democratic governor, I'm sure my state will make the required law changes to get the additional funds.

Looks like it's just a 'wait and see' situation.

Comment

This is the only info I have about Fl. - no further details:

2-23-09
                    According to Forbes the state of Florida has approved that the state's jobless collecting unemployment insurance will be able to get $25 per week more in their checks courtesy of Barack Obama's stimulus package.
                    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

for those that live in florida. Has anybody started receiving the $25 increase?

Comment

From 2/28 forward, I think.

Not in Florida, but we got our first one last week. I'm in PA now, and instead of "updating their systems", they are paying it as a separate payment, one week following the regular payment.

Comment

I'm in MA, and while I am not collecting UI, I did hear on the radio earlier this week that MA claimants will be receiving the additional $25 going forward and, I believe, retroactively to sometime in February.

Comment

The additional UI benefit has yet to begin as some governers are still trying to decide whether to accept or decline the money. GA's governor is being cautious in accepting the money due to the additional money being charged back to small companies and the undue hardship it may cause them.

Comment

Originally posted by HR Generalist View Post
                              The additional UI benefit has yet to begin as some governers are still trying to decide whether to accept or decline the money. GA's governor is being cautious in accepting the money due to the additional money being charged back to small companies and the undue hardship it may cause them.
                              Where is the banging-head-against-wall smilie when you need him?

Comment

Working...
                              X