This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would I qualify for worker's comp? New York

I have been working at a company since January 29th 2008.

I am pregnant and I am due in late June/early July.

Would I qualify for unemployment insurance or disability after my baby is born?

My boss says they will not be able to cover me and was upset when they found out I was pregnant.

I work with her and her father who both own the company.

I told her and she never told her father until later. He was upset and began mistreating me.

Now they keep criticizing my work after I was told I was doing a great job and they were considering giving me a raise.

Everything changed once I told them I was pregnant.

When she told her father he made sure to have her tell me that I would not receive disability and that I was deceiving them and started asking me if i was trying to hide my stomach and started asking me if I was with the father.

She never told me I would not qualify for disability until her father found out and became angry.

She said a pregnant girl came in for an interview before me and they did not hire her because of that.

How long do I have to be with a company to qualify for disability or unemployment?

I am in NEW YORK CITY.

I am planning to work here until I give birth.

I was told my position would not be held.

Not that I want it to tell you the truth. I dislike them a lot now.

She even got mad because I was out or doctor's appointments.

I was out last month for an appointment. I got to work at 2pm and stayed until normal time 4:30. So I did not miss the whole day. It was an important appointment too. To check the baby's heart. The woman from the sonogram department even yelled at me when I tried to reschedule because it is important.

My boss did not even care. She said in a very snotty way just don't be out when I am on vacation. Since she likes to go to Florida a lot with her stupid boyfriend.

I was out yesterday too for an appointment and she got mad as if i do it everyday. She does not have kids. This is my first. she knows nothing about being a mother.

What do I do guys?

I'm so scared.

Thank you

No, you would not qualify for workers comp. That is reserved solely for illnesses or injuries that were incurred as a result of your employment.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Nope, no WC. In NY disability benefits for non-work related ailments fall under the umbrella of the Workers Comp board but are separate and distinct from WC.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X