X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do they need a release from dr.

Well ...............
    Last edited by rear-ended; 02-20-2010, 08:25 PM.

Your employer can ask for a written return to work release, and they almost certainly will.

May I just say that returning to work a month ahead of when the doctor recommends can put you at risk?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You may feel fine now. But your doctor has a reason for making the limitation they did. You may not feel fine for long if you go back too early.

Talk to your doctor about what might happen if you go back too soon, before you try to talk someone else into giving you a release anyway.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Glad the surgery seems to be a success. However, you do not want to push it. While you might be feeling fine, your body still needs time to heal and another injury could be a real disaster. Talk to your doctor about what is recommended and then stick to it.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Sure am glad to hear you had the surgery RE and that all seems to be going so well.

My first thought from your OP was not only to protect yourself but the motoring public. You stated you were on Morphine, (we should all know that Morphine is a very powerful narcotic pain medication), and if memory serves me your main job is working as a delivery driver.

Narcotic pain medication ingestion + driving any type of motor vehicle, (bicycle for that matter) = recipe for disaster just waiting to happen. Add the fact that you just had major cervical spinal surgery into the mix and Katy bar the door.

I for one certainly am glad you realized that you really are in NO shape to be trying to return to work and/or being on the road right now. Guess it is a good thing those meds wear off after so many hours after all .

You take it easy. Heal up and follow your doctors orders, to the letter.

KM
          Information posted by me is my "OPINION". I do NOT give legal advice to anyone as like most here I am NOT an attorney.

Comment

Working...
          X