This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana late monthly wc checks

Does anyone know the penalty for the wc carrier sending out wc checks late? I now receive my checks monthly instead of weekly. I also was offered a settlement of about $8000 a year for 15 years (an annuity). Seems paltry.

Are these TTD checks or from a PPD award? Have you called and asked why they are being sent out monthly? The state does permit TTD payments to be made monthly. RS 23:1201

Not having any idea what your pre-injury wages were, the injury, treatment, degree of disability, etc. it is impossible to even guess whether the settlement amount is reasonable. If you are comparing it to what you would receive in a tort claim, you are going to be disappointed. WC claims just don't settle that high. If you are contemplating settlement, you really need to consult with a lawyer though.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Late worker's comp checks in Louisiana

I began receiving weekly wc benefits when first injured. For the last 2 years I have been receiving my worker's comp checks monthly. During the lst year of of my injury, the wc carrier mailed my weekly checks late. My attorney, at the time, took them to court and the carrier was assessed a penalty of $50 a day for each day the checks were late. Does this $50 a day penalty apply to monthly checks also? Settlement negotiations will be settled at a later time.

Comment

Your state permits that they be distributed monthly. Have you called to ask why this is being done now? Why is it suddenly a problem 2 years later?
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
        X