This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workmans comp Michigan

I was terminated while under a work related medical stress leave. I never recieved workman's comp. When I went to my disabilty hearing the judge said I should have gotten it. I contacted an attorney said I reached my statue of limitations. I filed it anyway, the Dept. of Labor accepted it and I now have a hearing without an attorney. What rights do I have, do I have a right to my employee records although I am no longer employed with the employer. Any help is very much appreciated.

OK, back up. What judge? When did you take off because of "stress" (which isn't a diagnosis so i assume you mean depression or anxiety brought on by stress)? How long were you off? When did you file the WC claim? What happened to the attorney you first discussed this with who told you the SOL had expired? You filed what with the DOL? The DOL doesn't handle WC claims. What is your hearing on?
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Mich Dept of Labor & Economics Growth Workers Compensation Agency

I was being harassed at work by a woman I worked with I went to the company they did nothing.
      She brought a rifle to the parking lot at work, I reported it they just told her not to do it again. She said she was trying to sell. I was afraid of her. For 3 months I took the abuse, went to my doctor told him everything that was going on. I told him I was to the point I might hurt her in defending myself. This happened 6/6/04

The S.S. Judge that I had a disability hearing with told me I should of been entitled to workman's comp. I lost my home everything when they terminated me. When he told me this I contacted an attorney they said it was too late. I filed with Mich Dept of Labor & Economics Growth Workers Compensation Agency. We had mediation but Travlers denied it. So now have to go to a hearing.

Travlers is saying my depression was not work related. When I was terminated I had to fight it they were denying it. My doctor filled out a form that he took me off work due to work related stress is how he worded it. So I did get my unemployment.

Comment

If this happened 4 years ago, then yes you are way past the SOL. It can't hurt to go to the hearing I suppose, but even if for some reason you prevailed, I imagine the IC would appeal. A hearing isn't a sign that you have a valid claim. If you file issues, you are put on the docket.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
        X