X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workman Comp layoff Ohio

i, I am new here but have a question.
    I am a caretaker for a church in Ohio and have herniated disks in my neck from an injury at work in 2005. The neurosurgeon wants to do fusion on 3 levels which I am not comfortable with and have been in pain management care.I have been on unofficial light duty for over 2 years and have modified much the way I do my job. Yesterday, the pastor and one of the elders give me a letter stating that I am layed off but they are offering me a temporary light duty position for 90 days after which time, I must either go back on full duty or leave on the layoff. They said there is not problem with the quality of my work but I am a liability while on restriction. Is this legal???
    Edit/Delete Message

Duplicate post - see reply under http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=186827
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

yes...it is legal.

Comment

Working...
      X