X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPD Nevada

Hello All,
    I was injured June 30, 2006
    I have been on TTD since then untill last month when I was sent for a second opinion by the Insurance Carriers Administrator, The so called examination began with the doctor explaining that he wasn't there to prescribe any treatments or medications but to close my case.

My treating doctor has me on no work, no lifting over 5 pounds etc.
    I am on morphine, percocet, flexoril, restoril, wellbutrin and Imitrex.

The insurance company has quit paying TTD bennifits based on their doctor releasing me to full duty.

I went for PPD rating two weeks ago and am rated at 19%. I haven't seen the report yet.

The rating doctor said she was asked to test my lower back even though I was not injured in my lower back, I was injured in my neck and upper back. She thought that testing my lower back was unusual.

Is it possible that my being tested for lower back, where there is no injury, was done to offset my true PPD? The PPD doctor said my numbers were near 50% at the completion of the examination.

My treating doctor, who I saw today, still has me as off work and fully medicated.

The insurance company has tried every dirty trick in the book. I have seen a total of seven doctors but only the last one says I am able to work and made it clear that he was going to say that before any examination even began.
    What is veiwed is not always what is seen and
    what is heard is not always what is spoken!
    ~M. Noitall~

You need to read the doctor's report and see what it actually says. It isn't clear what was rated and what %.

If you were released per the IME, then yes, it was appropriate to cut off TTD. It might also have been done if you have reached maximum medical improvement. Closing the case isn't the same as releasing you to full duty.

Is your doctor actually treating you or just prescribing meds?

It is very unusual to be out for so long on TTD for anything less than a catastrophic injury. I'm not sure what your injury was or whether you have had surgery or even what you do for a living. A19% rating is low for the length of TTD you have had, but again, I don't know the circumstances.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

got report today

Basically I was rear-ended while my head was turned to the right speaking to my passenger, a new employee I was training, at a traffic stop, the other vehicle hit me with the accelerator floored. I left skid marks, about two feet, the other vehicle did not and had to be towed.

The bottom line is a 19% Whole Person permanent partial disability.
      ~M. Noitall~

Comment

What was the actual injury? Did you have surgery? What treatment? What can you not do, that you used to do?

A 19% rating is atypical for someone who is unable to work and has been unable to work for well over a year.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

no surgery

I was a Security Systems technician, Master Grade. The doctors have advised against surgery due to the fact that I have two buldging disks, which buldge inward toward the nerves. I have undergone 4 injection teatments which were useless.

I can no longer climb in and navigate attics to install wiring for camera and alarm/security systems, I can't use a heavy duty drill to penetrate concrete and hardened steel, my hands go numb preventing me from doing the fine detailed assembly - bypassing of high security locks and electrical systems, I can no longer move heavy equipment, nor operate borescopes which allow viewing internals of mechanical systems from unusual directions and practically contortionistic angles, I can't operate welding equipment, and I can no longer concentrate at the level required to write software for security systems, etc etc etc.

There is a total 15% loss of cervical motion and 6% loss of lumbar motion which the doctors' report totals as 19% according to AMA 5th edition etc.
          I would think that it would at least be 21% but I assume there is some overlap in the two ratings somehow??? The PPD doctor also mentions that I will require additional long term pain management and medication.

My treating doctor recomended bio-feedback training which the IC denied but was over-ruled by the WC hearings officer. I will begin bio-feedback sessions on Dec 27th which will last for two months. The officer also stated that they should reinstate TTD compensation, but they refused on the basis that he didn't have the jurisdiction to require that, who does then?

They have been over-ruled on every denial so far and only their medical Hit Man, as my attorney reffered to him, has stated other than all other doctors, although he did agree that I am at MMI. They used their Hit Man's opinion against six other doctors to discontinue TTD. All doctors were chosen from their list of approved doctors except the Bio-Feedback one who they were ordered to allow due to his reputation of results in the field. My attending doctor is prescribing me medications and has also stated that I need to find a long term pain management doctor as he is not a long term pain management doctor.

He further suggested that we might try additional injections which may or may not relieve the headache, but the neck and back pain are unlikely to be reperable.
          ~M. Noitall~

Comment

If you did not have surgery and are only limited in performing what would be considered fairly specialized work (most of us do not need to drill through concrete or climb in attics at work) than 19% is not far off from most I've seen. It is rare for a non-surgical claim to go over 20%.

Since you have an attorney, I'd direct questions about how to proceed from here on the TTD issue to him.

Comment

Working...
            X