This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpal tunnel and no care......

I have had pain in my wrist for a while now and just recently had some tingling in my fingers. I decided to pursue it and on Friday I told my direct supervisor about it. She recommended I see my own doctor first. I took half the day off on Friday and went to my doctor. He assured me it was carpal tunnel. I came back to work on Tues. and told my supervisor what happened and I made sure that when I saw my doctor that I got a note from him proving I was there and listing my diagnosis. In the end she sent me to human resources. I talked to the lady in charge of workman's comp and she told me that the company was trying to lower the number of claims they had and that they weren't going to send me to corporate care and she also made the statement "your doctor is probably wrong" referring to my diagnosis. My concern is that they are more focused on lowering the number of claims to realize that some people do actually need to be seen. My question is this: Can she actually tell me that my doctor is wrong and I just have to sit back and accept that? Can I demand to see their doctor up front or do I have to go by their rules on all of that? Any info is surely appreciated. Thanks.

I guess the first question that needs to be answered is this. Did your doctor say the the carpal tunnel was caused as a direct result of your employment?

You have to make that connection first. If all he said was that you had carpal tunnel and didn't state what caused it, then your employer may be right. You need to establish causation first.

Comment

My doctor asked me what I do and I explained everything to him and it was determined to be as a direct result from my job. I work lots of hours as we have 3 hours of mandatory overtime everyday. I specifically asked my doctor if I needed to let my employer know for sure and he told me "yes."

Comment

Then you need to be presistent in your efforts. Go back to HR and tell them that you need the appropriate forms to report this as an industrial injury. If they still brush you off then you are going to have to contact the Workers Compensation Board for your state. They probably send you the report of injury forms to fill out.

Comment

My supervisor did actually print out the appropriate forms and we filled them out together and I took them to HR....but she still insists that "my doctor is wrong" and that I won't be able to see a doctor anytime soon.

Comment

Then file the forms directly with the state. I have carpel tunnel and am baffled how your doctor could make a positive diagnosis based on one visit and no diagnositics but that is another matter.

What state are you in?
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Well actually my doctor said that if I am still having pain in two weeks that he would like for me to have an ENG done, but my employer won't let me even see their doctor so he can tell me what I should do. AND even if it's not carpal tunnel, HR is not my doctor. I am in Kansas.

Comment

www.dol.ks.gov/wc/html/kwc136(Rev-02-06).pdf
                I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

How long have you had the pain? In KS you have 10 days from the date of injury or 90 days from the onset for occupational disease to give writen notice to your employer. If you are at the point of having tingling in your fingers, I'm willing to bet it has been more than 90 days.

The following may help you as well www.dol.ks.gov/wc/html/kwc27(Rev-03-06).pdf

Comment

Working...
                  X