X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worker's Comp Questions

Wondering if anyone can answer the following re: Ma WC
    1. Can an employer use an employee's vacation time to compensate employee during the first 5 days of an injury without interfering in the WC claim?
    2. If said vacation time is used, are these days then counted as days off due to injury or are they counted as days worked? Does the 5 day waiting period commence following the end of all vacation pay? (ie: employee has a week vacation - employer used this to pay employee - do the five days of being unable to work begin AFTER all vacation/comp time is used, or does it begin at the time of injury?)
    3.. Do the 5 off-work days required prior to commencement of WC payments need to be consecutive? (ie: employee became injured, took 3 days off, sought treatment on day 2, went back to work on day 4, couldn't continue and has been off since - do the 5 days begin following the attempt to return on day 4, or from the time of initial injury despite the one day worked?)
    4. If the company provides short term disability insurance, how does this affect WC payments?

Replies appreciated

1. Yes
    2. They count as days off if the reason for them is the injury.
    3. The days need not be consecutive.
    4. Most STD/LTD plans will not cover if the injury is the result of a work place accident.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
      1. Yes
      2. They count as days off if the reason for them is the injury.
      3. The days need not be consecutive.
      4. Most STD/LTD plans will not cover if the injury is the result of a work place accident.
      Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X