Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WC is a totally different animal thoughand what must be accepted and paid by whom is highly regulated. You can thank your legislaturefor the hoops that need to be jumped through before the willing and able insurance company can pick up the claim. In any other state, all that would be required is for the first company to deny it- no exam required.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

I have spoken to a lot of people about the changes in WC and not one knew about it, and most are totally in denial that what I tell them is the truth, they say that is impossible we have rights...

Arnold Swartzeneger is still the govenor even though its all democrates he won overwhemingly even though he has detroyed WC and Senior Prescription plans to name only a few.

I am happy that we are the age we are and have some resources from working and social security. I feel for the younger worker who has a family, mortage, etc...and gets hurt.

Talked to my attorney today, and he says that they can send you as far as they want to a QME or hold up surgery a month if they choose through the Utilization board. He is however sending them a letter that the distance is not fair especially in light of my husbands condition and asking that a closer QME be found. Another Day in Paradise.

Comment

Your state is still by far the most employee friendly in the nation when it comes to employment related laws and policies. While I agree most of the changes that went into effect are useless, overall CA is still the most generous. It is also the most administratively burdensome.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
          Your state is still by far the most employee friendly in the nation when it comes to employment related laws and policies. While I agree most of the changes that went into effect are useless, overall CA is still the most generous. It is also the most administratively burdensome.
          That is scary. Just like No Fault Accident Insurance, so many people have no idea about it also. Now they are trying to pass Insurance called "Pure No Fault" as lawyers have found ways around the "No Fault" Pure No Fault woud have a cap on it so that you can under no circumstances sue over and beyond that cap the owner or the insurance. The Cap now is $25 for many states, meaning you lose all but one arm and its $25,000. Once that is gone in medical expenses your on your own. No pain and suffering nothing. Yet our insurance goes up and up.

Do you think it does any good to write your state legislators? Just curious my opinion is it does nothing.

Comment

It can't hurt to write or meet with your elected officials. It helps if you have multiple people who have experienced the same problem write or visit.

Certainly you can monitor proposed legislation and if a bill or resolution comes up that you feel strongly about, make sure your official knows how you feel.

Those that have a set plan they would like to see enacted tend to be listened to more closely than those who just write a letter of general complaint.

I have a brother who worked for several years as Chief of Staff for a Senator, though not in your state. Most do listen, you just have to realize that they gets tons of mail, phone calls and visits every day and often from those representing both sides of any given issue.

Comment

Working...
            X