X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostile in Indiana

Hello all,

Let me start off by saying thanks to everyone here... Here it is in nutshell...

I work in Indiana, have been with my company now for a little over two years. Every review I have received has been fantastic. My dept. has 26 employees, of those; I am the only one to have ever received a bonus every quarter. On Oct. 13th, I was injured at work. I tripped on a peeled up floor tile and hurt my knee and shoulder. Not a big deal as injuries go. Have to do rehab a couple of times a week. On Nov. 2nd, I was called to drive to my managers location, about 90 miles away. I was put on a performance improvement plan. A write up. The only one I have ever received. I believe this a retalitary event and that in 30 days, I will be let go. What are my options?

If you are discharged because you filed a Worker's Comp claim (I assume you did), that would be a wrongful termination for which you could sue. What were you written up for?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      If you are discharged because you filed a Worker's Comp claim (I assume you did), that would be a wrongful termination for which you could sue. What were you written up for?
      That is the thing, I was written up for garbage crap. Being disrespectful to my boss and for not completing a project that was due on Oct. 31st. I got the assignment on Oct. 11th, injured on the 13th. I was even forced to take one of my weeks vacation to recoup. That didn't bother me too much, but to be written up for not finishing a project, when they made me go home?

Comment

I agree it doesn't sound quite fair, but that doesn't make it illegal. Necessarily. There are others here who are more knowledgeable about this than I, though, so hang in there for further options.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

While you could not be written up for filing the claim, you could be written up for missingthe deadline and for being disrespectful. Unless you are normally permitted to be disrespectful and miss deadlines, I don't see that this is in retaliation. Those are behaviors that one would normally expect to be in trouble for.

Did you ask for an extension on the project and or keep your supervisor informed that you were going to miss the deadline?

As for using your vacation, that is the usual procedure. In your state TTD does not start until you have been out for 8 consecutive days. Before that lost time would fall under your employer's policies and procedures.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
          X