This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C & R California

I have a W/C case that has been going on for quite a while. I just received a letter from W/C Appeals Board for a Mandatory Settle Conf. One of many I have had! On the bottom of the letter it says, C & R failed because of passage of time. I do have a lawyer and the case has been going on for 7 years in California. I want another opinion Just what does that mean failed and has my lawyer screwed up? Thanks Peanuts

Elle is the WC guru here. Megan and Joe are California experts.

Are you the employee or employer? Is C & R the employer?
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

C & R

Thanks for the response. I was an employee. I do have a lawyer. My problem is I do not know what C & R is. When they say C & R failed because of passage of time. I can't see anything good coming out of it. Thanks again.

Comment

Usually a C&R means, Compromise and Release. Same advice I give to everyone that has an attorney. If he won't return your calls, show up at his office on a Monday morning and sit there until you get some service. Bring your mini-TV and make sure your watching Jerry Springer.

Comment

Yes, a C & R is a type of settlement to close out a claim for good. You are going ot need to ask your attorney about the passage of time as there are any number of deadlines that could have expired on the way to a settlement and each has a different sort of remedy.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

C & R

Thanks for the response again. All I asked about was the C & R thing. It was the weekend and I know I could not get in touch with him. I do have a call out to him today and he has been very good about returning my calls. Have a great day.

Comment

Working...
            X