This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pay for dr. visit in florida Florida

I was hurt on the job, and spent five hours of my regular eight hour day at the doctors office. should i get regular pay for the five hours, or will i just get it for the three i worked before i got hurt?

I take it your company directed you for medical treatment? Then yes, it must be paid.
    http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.43.htm
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Patty called it so long as your employer directed you to seek care.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Ok, great. What about the follow-up visit to the doctor? they told me to come back in three days. This put it on a workday. They could only see me during work hours, as that is the only time they are open. I went to work that day at 8am. left at 9:30am to go to doctor for follow-up appt. at 10:15am. i was at the doctors office until 2pm. What of this day should I be payed for? My regular work day is from 8am till 5pm. thanks for the help and info.

Comment

In that case the time would not need to be paid. This time is not required to be covered per WC statutes. Your employer may voluntarily cover this time but they are not required.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
          X