This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Unreliable? Oklahoma

a week ago i went to get a physical test done, this test was supposed to tell me and the insurance company how i have improved after therapies and surgery.

the final outcome of the test was assumed "Unreliable", 4 of the 8 tests that were done upon me i wasnt able to complete because i just couldnt due to my arm hurting too much, now is this why my test was found an unreliable source?

Probably, but "unreliable" is a subjective term. What they may be saying, in a roundabout way, is that you are not able to fulfill the essential responsibilities of your job. Did the doctor have a list of your job tasks? Was this a "fit for duty" exam?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

im not sure if the Doctor had my list of tasks with her, but what i did have to do was numerous tasks, crouching, sitting, kneeling, etc for long periods of time, then i lifted blind weights up from the floor and to an upper shelf numerous times as well, and a few of these exercises were the ones i wasnt able to finish she also did numerous tests of strenghts switching from my left hand and back to my right and squeezing a handgrip.

my job is a heavy duty job, i lift, push very many heavy things, i have been left at a 10lb capacity, and at my current job i had to push/pull/lift clearly way more than that.

i appreciate your feedback, =].
      [/

Comment

Not having read the whole report I can only guess at what "unreliable" means. It sounds like you had a Functional Capacity Exam (FCE) to determine what your true capabilities are at this point. A part of such exams is to perform certain "tests" to see if the patient in question is exaggerating their symptoms. Outright refusing to try 4 of 8 tests *can* be a sign of this. Sometimes it is legitimate, but it certainly sends up major red flags. Not being a doctor and not having reviewed either your test results, nor medical reports, nor the written report, I can not say for sure that "unreliable" refers to such a belief. This is just one not uncommon interpretation.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

4 out of those 8 i wasnt able to finish because of weakness in my arm and some pain, i did start them however, ive had an injury in my arm and have had a surgery also, the doctor telling me about the exams told me it was all optional, that i could stop at any time.

should the doctor have informed me that in order for me to pass the test id have to get all 8 right or something?
          and these type of tests are they for closure to see if i can go back to work or not?

could this affect my final settlement?

Comment

This isn't like a midterm that you can pass or fail. And no, the doctor doesn't have to tell you you have to use your best effort. In fact, the point of the tests to to see what you do with minimal guidance and coaxing. They look to see what you can do in the normal course of things, not what your "best" effort or maximum coaching produces.

Everything you do from the time of the injury until you receive your settlement affects the outcome. Exactly how any one event will impact it is impossible to predict.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
            X