This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• termination after fraudelent w/c claim Indiana

An employee worked for 3 weeks for the company and injured his arm. It has been determined he has filed for workman's comp for the same arm previously from another employer. When supervisor took over position during off time it was discovered the employee had 4 accidents in company vehicle that he failed to report. Employee also failed to turn in log books to employer. Before he returns, can we legally terminate him for the various violations stated above without any recourse?

Absolutely. If you would terminate any other employee who pulled the same stunts you can do the same here.

I would stick to the log books and non-reports as opposed to fraud. Proving fraud is not easy and really, that should be taken up with the carrier and state WCC. You have more than enough other reasons to let this one go. Just be sure the carrier is in the loop on this.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
    X