This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accident in company vehicle California

Can an employee who is driving a company vehicle out of work hours file a workers comp claim if they have an accident?

Sorry, but if they're not on the clock the fact that they were driving a company vehicle does not make it a workers comp claim. Unless the accident occurs as a result of your employment, it's not workers comp claim. Driving a company vehicle on your own time doesn't do it.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

It would be interesting to hear the whole story. If the employee is required to drive the company vehicle home because he is subject to being on call, that may be a different story.

Comment

In general, no , it isn't covered by WC just because the vehicle is owned by the company. What you were doing at the time you were driving, may change that answer.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
        X