This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unpaid medical bills(long) Georgia

I have been on WC since my knee injury on Jan.3, 2006. I had surgery in April and I have received my weekly check very regularly. I was terminated the end of July. I have an attny. hired shortly after termination. In June I got a bill from the hospital for the bill that WC ins co. did not pay. I called and informed them that I was not to be getting any bill for covered WC claims. They said they would call the WC co. and take care of it. Cut to July, another notice of unpaid bill, same account, still no reply from WC co. gave to atty. to handle. Atty sent itemized bill to WC co. and asked them to pay. End of Sept, bill from radiologist, same hospitialization, no payment. Cut to Oct, phone call from the billing dept of hosp. telling me they have had NO contact from the WC co. dispite repeated attempts and acct will be turned to collection in 30 days. Called atty told them to handle it. My question, what do I do? I am still unable to work and will have an IME on Wed.(My choice.) My credit is bad anyway so the collection part is not worrisome, but why are they doing this when all the other bills have been paid promptly?
    What could they gain from this?

Let the attorney handle it. Honestly, there isn't anything we can do from here that your attorney can not or is not doing.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

sorry

I agree, short of paying it yourself, and maybe getting it back by workers comp later in court, there is nothing you can do except let your attorney handle it.

Comment

I would not pay the bill yourself as the rates that may be charged for WC related care are different that those that may be charged to insurance companies and those paying privately. In many cases you can only recover the amount that would be paid under WC, not the full amount of the bill and there can be a significant difference between the two.

Let the attorney handle it. Sometimes all it takes is a call from the attorney to light a fire under the adjuster. Sometimes there is a bonafide problem with the bill, most often billing the wrong rate, which the attorney can assist in mediating. Sometimes it requires filing issues.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
        X