X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tjane
    started a topic Pregnant w Carpel Tunnel/ Workers Comp? Florida

Pregnant w Carpel Tunnel/ Workers Comp? Florida

I developed Carpal Tunnel symptoms while pregnant in May, but have worked at a comuter for last 5 years for same company. Im June my ob/gyn advised to wait until a couple months after I have my baby before seeking treatment as the pregnancy could've triggered it. I delivered on July 18 and since then, especially now that I am back at work keying all day the symptoms are getting worse. Is this a Workers Comp issue or do I should I go see my regular doctor?

• Tjane
    replied
    Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
    A denial letter from WC is almost always sufficient to get your regular insurance to cover it. I have never known it not to be enough.

Further, if your doctor supports that it is caused by something other than work, it should be covered.

Well, you will know if it isnt as I will have some more questions for ya =-)

Leave a comment:

• Tjane
    replied
    Yes,I see. Thanks for the info....

Leave a comment:

• ElleMD
    replied
    A denial letter from WC is almost always sufficient to get your regular insurance to cover it. I have never known it not to be enough.

Further, if your doctor supports that it is caused by something other than work, it should be covered.

Leave a comment:

• ElleMD
    replied
    I should add that in FL, you have 30 days to report the injury or risk it not being covered. Florida requires that the majority reason for the condition be from work. Just being predisposed toward it would not cause t to be covered if some other condition is what caused it to become prevalent.

Leave a comment:

• Tjane
    replied
    I am worried though even if I get an appointment that my family doctor will say its a work related issue, also, what if my insurance rejects it? I work for my insurance company and I have really good coverage but am worried about whats gonna happen once they see my occupation and the diagnosis... THANKS!!

Leave a comment:

• Tjane
    replied
    Well I just heard back from my doctors office and they wouldnt even schedule an appointment and told me to call Workers Comp even though I advised it developed while I was pregnant. I called Workers Comp and they said it would be immediately denied once they received the claim since I was pregnant while the symptoms started. And round and round I go=-) WIPEEEEEEEEEE... I am going to see if taking a denial letter from Workers Comp will be good enough to get an appointment with a regular doctor.

Leave a comment:

• ElleMD
    replied
    If it is due to your pregnancy and weight gain, then no, it is not WC. Your job has to be what causes the condition in order for it to be covered.

If you broke your foot at home and it ached at work because you were on it too much, it wouldn't suddenly become a WC injury. Sure if you had a job where you could sit and prop it up all day it might not bother you as much, but it still wasn't caused by work.

Leave a comment:

• Tjane
    replied
    And THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• Tjane
    replied
    Response to your questions...

Yes I was working when it developed and my ob/gyn thinks that it is related to pregnancy because I had such severe swelling I gained 100 lbs during my pregnancy, majority being water weight that is slowly coming off.... but she also said if I didnt have the job that I did I probably would not have developed it....

Leave a comment:

• ElleMD
    replied
    It depends. Were you working when you developed it? Does your doctor believe it was triggered by pregnancy or by work? You can always file it as WC and if it turns out not to be the case, have it covered under your regular medical insurance.

Leave a comment:

• Tjane
    replied
    HAHA, I obviously meant "comPuter" =-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X