This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won uc appeal

I won an appeal for uc against (well known company) in pittsburgh.Now I have to wait to see if the employer appeals.The employer sent a resource generalist who was their only 2 weeks and had no first-hand knowledge regarding allegations.The documents submitted by the employer were not authenticated and were not shown to meet the business record of exceptions to overcome the objections raised by claiments counsel. Any one else won an appeal with this company and have the company appeal the referee's decison. If they appeal can they submit more info to the appeal board and what would the chances be it would be overturned.

Originally posted by tera1298 View Post
    I won an appeal for uc against (well known compnay) in pittsburgh.Now I have to wait to see if the employer appeals.The employer sent a resource generalist who was their only 2 weeks and had no first-hand knowledge regarding allegations.The documents submitted by the employer were not authenticated and were not shown to meet the business record of exceptions to overcome the objections raised by claiments counsel. Any one else won an appeal with this company and have the company appeal the referee's decison. If they appeal can they submit more info to the appeal board and what would the chances be it would be overturned.
    Yes, if there is more information that can be used, it can be brought up in the appeals process. We can not tell you what the chances would be because it is entirely up to the UC board of appeals, and it depends very much on what other information they provide. Sorry!

Comment

Actually, no, the appeal has to be based on what is presented initially.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
        Actually, no, the appeal has to be based on what is presented initially.
        WOW, thanks cbg, once again I learned something!

Comment

You post is rather confusing, however if it is the situation I think, then cbg has basically given you the correct answer.

It is my guess that you went to a hearing before a Referee and won the hearing. Now, you wonder whether the employer can proffer new evidence in its appeal to the Board of Review.

Again, generally, neither party can, but rather must base its appeal on the evidence and testimony presented at the hearing and argue that an error of law or fact was committed by the Referee. In very rare circumstances, the aggrieved party can introduce new evidence on appeal, but only if they can demonstrate that they were prevented from so doing at the first hearing due to circumstances beyond their control or if they had no good faith reason to know such evidence existed at the time of the first hearing. Both such scenarios place a heavy burden upon the appealing party.

Comment

Unemployment claim problem

I have an unemployment claim problem. I was fired but the explanation that was told to the Department of Labor was invalid and distorted. Therefore, the decision that was made to disqualify my benefit was base on invalid and distorted information not facts. Now I am in an on going appeal process. I filed the appeal yesterday. Feedback on the date of the appeal hearing is pending. I would like some tips on how to win this appeal.

Comment

Starting a new thread is a whole lot better than piggybacking on a similar one.

In that new thread, you can explain the circumstances of your dismissal as you see them and what the employer told the hearings officer.
              Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Working...
              X