This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury and leaving job Colorado

I could use some advice on a workers comp injury that Icurrently have.

I have a form of tendonitis that I have been receiving periodic cortizone shots for. The doctor has told me that I should really think about surgery, as cortizone just seems to make it better for a couple of months, and then it flares up again.

The problem is I'm leaving my job in two weeks. it's probably not possible to schedule and complete the surgery before I go. If I shedule the surgery before I leave the company, but maybe don't have it done for another six weeks or so, would my injury still be covered?

I will be looking for a new job, but don't have one has yet. I understand that after I have my surgery, I won't be able to use my hand for 2-3 weeks, which would probably postpone my ability to find a job. Does workers comp compensate for the time that I'm unable to work - even if I don't have a current job (i would be on severance pay).

Thank you,
    Kim

you should contact a workers comp attorney

Originally posted by kluber1
    I could use some advice on a workers comp injury that Icurrently have.

I have a form of tendonitis that I have been receiving periodic cortizone shots for. The doctor has told me that I should really think about surgery, as cortizone just seems to make it better for a couple of months, and then it flares up again.

The problem is I'm leaving my job in two weeks. it's probably not possible to schedule and complete the surgery before I go. If I shedule the surgery before I leave the company, but maybe don't have it done for another six weeks or so, would my injury still be covered?

I will be looking for a new job, but don't have one has yet. I understand that after I have my surgery, I won't be able to use my hand for 2-3 weeks, which would probably postpone my ability to find a job. Does workers comp compensate for the time that I'm unable to work - even if I don't have a current job (i would be on severance pay).

Thank you,
    Kim
    Having said that, I know that just because you leave your job doesn't mean that the workers comp claim closes. It closes when you are medically stationary, and your doctor and the workers comp company says its closed. You really need an attorney for this. If this injury hinders you getting another job, they may pay you for this. Good luck!

Comment

Actually, there isn't much an attorney can help with at this point. The claim remains open even if you leave, but if you voluntarily quit and are unemployed, you would not be eligible for TTD. If you are reciving severance, you also would not be eligible on those gounds.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD
        Actually, there isn't much an attorney can help with at this point. The claim remains open even if you leave, but if you voluntarily quit and are unemployed, you would not be eligible for TTD. If you are reciving severance, you also would not be eligible on those gounds.
        Thanks ElleMD!

Comment

Working...
        X