This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hartatack while on job Pennsylvania

I am a truck driver and i am empoleyed by a co. from Ia. but i live in Pa. my question is can i file for workmans comp.

You can file. But unless you and your doctor can verify to the satisfaction of the workers comp carrier that your heart attack was caused by your employment as opposed to coincidentally happening while you were working, it is unlikely to be accepted.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Heart attacks are very rarely found to be caused by work and therefore are very rarely covered under WC. You can always file, but I would be surprised if the claim was accepted. It is a common misconception that anything that happens at work is covered by WC.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X