This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workmanscomp\fired

I am from wisconsin, I have been having trouble with my fingers on my left hand being numb all of the time. I went to a doctor and filed a wc claim and continued to see my doctor about this. At my workplace they were upset that I had gotten a perscription for this and made me feel like I was doing something wrong because now it was a "recordable injury", as the safety manager had stated to me. I did not see the doctor for a short time and continued with the medicine. It was not working and I told my production manager that I was going to go back to the doctor about this. Well, In the meantime I was fired. They say that they fired me because of communication but I believe that It had alot to do with my injury. My doctor now thinks that I need surgery to move the nurve because it is pinched. I don't know what I should do. I have one more check for severence pay and know with my arm the way that it is I won't be able to find a job that pays what I was making,
    $42,000 a yr.

Workers' Compensation

It is illegal to retaliate against a person filing a workers' compensation claim. If you feel that your claim was the reason for the termination, you should pursue a claim through the state. You can reach the Wisconsin Workers Compensation Division by calling (608) 266-1340.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
    X