This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Workers Comp - Need Help

My husband hurt his knee on the job. His company had a private insurance company who handled his claim and he was getting paid while he was out of work and had to have surgery. He had the surgery and went through rehab and his knee to this day is still not right. His surgeon also moved out of state. His company laid him off while he was in rehab. They closed there entire office down.

He is in pain everyday, regardless of if he sits, stands, lays down. He received a 1% impairment by the workers comp doctor who states his knee will never recover fully, he will never run again. And that is supposed to be OK? They also did not settle with him in fact they told him they over paid him.
    And we owe them money.

He is unable to go back to work doing anything he is qualified for since his knee is not any better.

Is there anything we possibly do?

Workers Compensation

The private insurer will have an appeal process. You should contact them and ask for information.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Texas workers comp - Need Help

He had a doctors appointment today to go and get looked at by someone other than a workers comp doctor. The doctors office called him today
      informing him that workers comp has closed his claim and will not be
      paying for any other doctor visits.
      He was going to go see another doctor inorder to process the appeal.

The private insurance company doesn't want to do anything.

Comment

Private insurance

I'm sure the insurer wouldn't want to do anything...they would rather not make the payments.

If you feel that you are not getting your due process, then you may contact the Texas Workers Compensation Commission. It's website is:
        http://www.twcc.state.tx.us/informat...nglish.html#q3

They will be able to answer your questions regarding non-payment by an insurer.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
        X