X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workmans comp in Florida

Hello,

I found out yesterday that I have arthritis in my neck, and severe nerve damage due to repetitve motion. I am a Cashier which requires me to lift heavy boxes all day and constantly use my arm for reaching, using the cash register and also the computer in the office to do paper work. I was told I needed surgery because the nerve damage is severe. I asked the Neurologist if I could still work and he said it was up to me, but to not lift anything at all. I am in pain all day, everyday and I am on pain medicine which I have to take at work. When the pain started, and I was having trouble using my right arm, I had asked my manager to see the company's doctor. He refused saying it wasn't work related. When I told him what the Doctor had said, and what the results of the MRI was, he said it wasn't work related. I work a lot of hours, sometimes 14 hours a day, and I use my right arm for everything. To reach for things, to key in prices on the register...etc and I am left handed. Work is the only place I do repetitive movement of my right arm.
    Can you please tell me what my opitons are ?

Thank You
    Nancy

Workers Compensation

It depends on the state in which you are located. Where are you?
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Workmans Comp

I live in Lakeland Florida

Comment

Florida Workers Compensation

I'm sorry I missed Florida in your heading. In any case, you have the right to appeal the determination. Contact the Florida Department of Workers Compensation Customer Service number at (800) 342-1741. They can assist you.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Thank You

Thanks a lot. I'll call them tomorrow

Comment

Florida

Please let me know how it goes.
            Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
            www.laborlawtalk.com