This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To much Work/overtime mandatory

I live and work in MA for a Landscaping company. We work six days 10 to 16 hours a day, this is to much at what point can i refuse to work and be protected by state or fed law. Is there a maximum # of hours you can be forced to work per day/per week? Even if your being properly compensated can you be forced to work more than 10 hours or 12 hours a day? Seems insane to work 70 to 80 hours a week every week for 7 or 8 months....Doesn't it? Thanx in adv. the Dart in MA

OT too much?

Originally posted by the Dart
    I live and work in MA for a Landscaping company. We work six days 10 to 16 hours a day, this is to much at what point can i refuse to work and be protected by state or fed law. Is there a maximum # of hours you can be forced to work per day/per week? Even if your being properly compensated can you be forced to work more than 10 hours or 12 hours a day? Seems insane to work 70 to 80 hours a week every week for 7 or 8 months....Doesn't it? Thanx in adv. the Dart in MA
    The Fair Standards Labor Act (FSLA) Act does not limit either the number of hours in a day or the number of days in a week that an employer may require an employee to work, as long as the employee is at least 16 years old. Similarly, the Act does not limit the number of hours of overtime that may be scheduled. However, the Act requires employers to pay covered employees not less than one and one-half times their regular rates of pay for all hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek, unless the employees are otherwise exempt.

You can find more info at: http://www.dol.gov/asp/programs/guide/minwage.htm
    Sue
    FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
    X