This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY law question about salaried employees

Three questions: In our office, all of the staff are considered Salaried Administrative Exempts and get paid that way. We are all medical office assistants. But I'm not really sure if we are really "administrative exempts". I know the law is kind of a gray area but can you explain what exactly a administrative exempt is?
    Q2) We only have 10 employees including doctors in our office. Are we covered under the labor laws even though we are so small? I wasn't sure if there was a minimum or not...
    Q3) An employee stated to me that we legally have to state on an employee's paycheck the hours that they worked. Although we are all salaried administrative exempt employees. Is this true that it has to state the actual # of hours on the paycheck? Thanks!

1.) http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/complian...nistrative.htm

2.) You are subject to SOME labor laws. In the case of wage and hour laws it's based not on how many employees you have, but whether you are involved in interstate commerce and whether or not the business has done $500,000 per year. Almost all employers are subject to the FLSA because the definition of interstate commerce is so broad.

3.) No, the law does not state that the actual hours have to be on the paycheck. Whoever told you that misunderstood the law.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X