This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Condition!!!!!

I live in Michigan and with the warm wheather here i have a question, by law what temp does it have to be in a work place for them to send us home last year our factory got to 125 in the shop and they made us stay the whole 8 hours, thank you for your time

temp in work place

Originally posted by Wilson
    I live in Michigan and with the warm wheather here i have a question, by law what temp does it have to be in a work place for them to send us home last year our factory got to 125 in the shop and they made us stay the whole 8 hours, thank you for your time

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    State of Michigan Safety and Health Policy Statement
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICY of the State of Michigan is to administer its activities to achieve and maintain protection for its employees, property, and those for whom it has a responsibility, thus assuring efficient utilization of resources, minimizing liability, and advancing the public service.

Informal guides suggest that a comfort zone of between 16C/61F to 24C/72F is suitable for most types of work.

The Chartered Institute of Building Services provide the following recommendations for temperature in different work areas:

* Heavy work in factories - 13C/55F
    * Light work in factories - 16C/61F
    * Hospital wards and shops - 18C/64F
    * Office and dining rooms - 20C/68F

Minimum Temperature Working

Health & Safety Regulations set an enforceable minimum working temperature of 13C/55F to 16C/61F. Below this employees have the effective right to refuse to work. However, an employer is normally allowed an hour, from start of work, to achieve this temperature.

Maximum Temperature Working

Although Health & Safety regulations set no maximum working temperature, it states that "During working hours, the temperature inside workplace buildings must be reasonable". However the Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) to the regulations set out that "all reasonable steps should be taken to achieve a comfortable temperature", this may be taken to include the provision of suitable fans, or air-cooling equipment.
    Sue
    FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
    X