This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting paid for the wrong job

I currently work for a large call center in the state of Florida. I have been there for 6 years now. My official job description is a Customer Service Agent.

About 3 1/2 years ago I had an 'on loan' position as an Admin Asst which lasted about a year. My boss was promoted but they were unable to create an official AA position for me. But the work I was doing with his department was vital and they kept me on doing the same job, but it was no longer on loan, but rather, kind of 'under the table'. Since I loved the job, and the people I was working with, I agreed to keep doing the job with the hope that my skills and dedication would push them to justify the work I did and create a position. I was told over and over that they were trying to do this.

Now, I am doing work equivalent to the job title of a Business Analyst. I work with reporting, analysis, database creation, etc. But I am still carrying the job title and pay scale of customer service rep. Now HR has gotten involved and told my bosses that they must compensate me for the actual job I am doing (I have not done actual customer service in 3 1/2 years). Rather than create the position which I have worked at full time, they have decided to somehow disburse the job I do to other analysts within the company and throw me back into customer service.

My question. Is there any recourse to force their hand to create the position or compensate me for the 2 1/2 years I've been doing the analyst work 'off the books' ?

thanks,
    Kris

Is there any recourse to force their hand to create the position or compensate me for the 2 1/2 years I've been doing the analyst work 'off the books' ? No.

Now HR has gotten involved and told my bosses that they must compensate me for the actual job I am doing That's a matter of company policy, not the law. Under the law, you need not ever be paid more than minimum wage no matter what job you're doing.

Comment

Working...
    X